ROAR Approved January 17, 2023
Since Team Power Products motors were first put into RC race cars, I have built the best custom motors to specifications for all racers. With the R6 motors, I still custom build every wind. After eighteen months, it was time for another motor incorporating the latest improvements learned from the previous R5 series. My emphasis is always better performance in each new series, and the NEW R6 delivers that experience as a premium brushless, sensored performance motor! As with the R5 series, the new R6 series has special editions themed this year with Nathan Dean colors and markings!
- Brushless and Sensored with 1/8th" shaft - works with all brushless ESCs.
- Increased cooling to the critical areas of the motor, especially the 'even winds'.
- Average of 6 gram weight reduction due to the new can design (total motor weight = ~150g, varies by wind).
- Sensor board to rotor tolerance decreased for better timing control, and more consistent timing.
- No unnecessary slots, holes, or other features in the stator for concentrated torque and lower field losses. I call this feature the 'Dense Core Stator'.
There are two special wind editions exclusive to Team Power Products:
- R6 10.5 MWM - Almost three years ago racers in oval classes clamored for more torque for 10.5t classes when Mid-West Mod was a limited motor class. From that request I generated the R4 & R5 10.5 MWM model with larger wire, a high torque rotor, and lower IR in the stator. Those motors have won more races than I can count! Perfect for outlaw 10.5 racing where track rules allow any 10.5 turn 2 pole motors in oval, offroad classes. ROAR approved for competition at ROAR sanctioned events in the Modified classes.
- R6 13.5 TEX - A year or so after the release of the 10.5 MWM motor, came requests for a torquier 13.5 on oval tracks. Since the request came from racers in Texas, it was named the 13.5 TEX! Like the R4 & R5 10.5 MWM motor, it features larger copper wire, high torque rotor, and lower IR in the stator. This is the motor to beat in the 13.5 turn classes. Perfect for outlaw 13.5 turn racing where track rules allow any 13.5 turn 2 pole motors in oval, offroad classes. ROAR approved for competition at ROAR sanctioned events in the Modified classes.
- All other winds are also to ROAR specifications for modified classes.
- As with my other editions, the R6 motors have premium NSK R2ZZ steel bearings: 3.175mm ID, 9.525mm OD, 3.967mm wide (for 1/8th" shaft).
- Timing set on all motors is for best average use based on our testing BUT you must always check temperature (at timing end) when gearing your motor to maintain less than 160 degrees F after running hard for 2 minutes on your race surface!
- When ordering a motor, you must choose the rotor you want installed. The 12.5mm is the most versatile, with smooth torque and good RPM range and is your best choice for many tracks. The 12.5mm rotor selection includes installation at no charge; includes expert shimming and timing is set. Other rotor sizes may be selected and installed; they are priced appropriately when chosen, includes free installation, expert shimming, and appropriate timing is set. Rotor details are HERE!
- If you choose an extra rotor (in addition to the installed rotor) with this order, it is at a discount price!
- All motors come with new sensor cable, TPP decal, and Internet links to assist setup of the motor.
Here are all the options and descriptions:
|High Velocity Aluminum Cooling Fans (two sizes: 30mm & 40mm) and in many colors, designed specifically to work at 8 volts (not 12v or 5v like most fans). These are my best and biggest selling fans. Keeping you motor cool will save money! SAVE your motors! Discount price when purchased with motor! Price is for one fan only.|
|Nathan Dean Team Edition: All the R6 Team builds will be dedicated to Nathan Dean and will have a special yellow colored endcap as testimony to Nathan's yellow and black race cars, always with a large 'Number 11' on it (see Nathan's race career HERE!)! With a R6 Team build, like the R4-R5 Team motors, there is included hand matched rotor/stator, close tolerance shimming of rotor to can, and custom timing. Then testing until it meets my specs! This upgrade uses premium steel bearings from NSK, unless ceramic bearings are selected (extra cost).|
|Ceramic bearings is another option (I use RC Speed Secrets), but unlike stock spec motors which need all the help they can get, modified motors do not need these very often. Ceramic hybrid bearings need a lot of maintenance and are sensitive to dirt (meaning dirt will destroy these bearings quickly). If ordered with motor, they will be installed, and with a discount! NOTE: requires special tools to support can during removal and install.|