ROAR Approved November 2020
After more than a year of designing, testing, changes, and more testing, the R5 Pro Series modified motors are now ready to make your race experience a winning one for 2021 and beyond! Check for details HERE!
- The motors have premium NSK R2ZZ steel bearings: 3.125mm ID, 9.525mm OD, 3.967mm wide.
- Timing set on all motors is for best average use based on our testing BUT you must always check temperature (at timing end) to maintain less than 160 degrees F after running hard for 2 minutes on your race surface!
- When ordering a motor, you must choose the rotor you want installed. The 12.5mm is the most versatile, with smooth torque and good RPM range. The 12.5mm rotor selection includes installation at no charge; includes expert shimming and timing is set. Other rotor sizes may be selected and installed; they are priced appropriately when chosen, includes free installation, expert shimming, and appropriate timing is set. Rotor details are HERE!
- If you choose an extra rotor (in addition to the installed rotor) with this order, it is has a discount price!
- All motors come with new sensor cable, TPP decal, and Internet links to assist setup of the motor.
Here is all the options and descriptions.
|R5 Bearing Dirt Cover: This optional part removes the hole on the timing end, and shields the rear bearing of dirt and debris. Easy install. Must be removed for bearing lubrication (also easy). Two colors available (black & orange). Only one cover is included for the price. Price is discounted when purchased with motor!|
|High Velocity Aluminum Cooling Fans (two sizes: 30mm & 40mm) and many colors. These are my best and biggest selling fans. Keeping you motor cool will save money! SAVE your motors! Discount price when purchased with motor! Price is for one fan only.|
|Bob 'Bullet' Light Team Edition: All the R5 Team builds will be dedicated to Bob Light and will have a special orange colored endbell as testimony to Bob's orange race cars, always with a large 'Number 1' on it! (see Bob's race career HERE!) With a R5 Team build, like for the R4 motors, there is included hand matched rotor/stator, close tolerance shimming of rotor to can, and custom timing. Then testing until it meets my specs! This upgrade uses premium steel bearings from NSK, unless ceramic bearings are selected (extra cost).|
|Ceramic bearings is another option, but unlike stock spec motors which need all the help they can get, modified motors do not need these very often. Ceramic hybrid bearings need a lot of maintenance and are sensitive to dirt (meaning dirt will destroy these bearings quickly). If ordered with motor, they will be installed, and with a discount! NOTE: requires special tools to support can during removal and install.|